Gather the fast and easy way with this foot: Gathering foot simultaneously gathers and attaches ruffles to garments, pillows, and other home decor items in no time! Material: durable metal.
Using the foot:
- Gathers one layer of fabric or gathers one layer and attaches it to a flat fabric piece at the same time simultanously.
- This foot gathers light- to medium weight fabrics particularly well.
- For gathering a single layer, just place a piece of fabric under the foot and adjust your stitch length and/or tighten the needle tension to automatically gather as you sew.
- Product dimensions approx: 1.5cm x 2.5cm x 2cm
- Increase stitch length: The longer the stitch length - the fuller the gathers.
- Tighten needle tension: Using a standard stitch length of 2.5 - 3mm, increase the needle tension as you sew to get the result you desire.
- Increase stitch length and needle tension: Combine an increased stitch length with a tightened needle tension for a fuller gather. Always test your results before sewing.
- To gather one layer and attach to a flat fabric, the flat fabric is inserted into the slot (pls. see the picture below) while you sew.
Fits majority of the Low shank home sewing machines as: Singer, Brother, Babylock, Euro-Pro, Janome, Kenmore, White, Juki, New Home, Simplicity, Necchi and Elna etc.
Please also see How to Use the Gathering Foot video tutorial.